Saturday, July 28, 2012

This Movie's Making Me Hungry.

A few nights ago I was watching "The Help".  Along with all the racial strife were some shots of some awesome fried chicken. 





Maybe I am just overly susceptible to food but after watching it I NEEDED fried chicken.  It just looked so good.

This happens to me a lot.  There are a lot of movies out there that have such delicious looking food that I seem to gain weight just watching them. 





There is a lot of food in "Julie and Julia".  In the first cooking scene Julie Powell makes a bruschetta that looks so good.  I can almost taste the crispy toasted bread, the tomatoes, oh my.





I didn't get a whole lot out of the Love and Pray parts of "Eat, Love, Pray" but I do want to go to Sicily for pizza.  It looked amazing and just the thought of fresh mozzarella makes me weak in the knees.





I am right with the old man and the turkey from "A Christmas Story". Just seeing Ralphie's mom pull that turkey out of the oven I am ready to pull up to the table and load up on the stuffing and mashed potatoes.





I know why most people enjoy the deli scene in "When Harry Met Sally".  All I can think is a pastrami on rye would hit the spot.





I watch "Office Space" and feel like Milton getting screwed out of that piece of birthday cake.  Really is there any cake better than birthday cake?  Maybe wedding cake?  Cake is just good. 

This is just the tip of the iceberg.  There are so many movies with food in them.  I will watch something and just sit there thinking about it for days.  Can you tell I am dieting?

But the best of all is "Defending Your Life".  It is almost worth doing what you have to do to get to the afterlife.   That is if Albert Brooks' version is close.






Julia: The best hot dogs in Judgement City are supposed to be over by the Hall of Records.
Daniel Miller: You really love this eating thing, don't you?
Julia: To be able to eat as much as you want, never gain an ounce and feel great. Please.

Just writing this post made me hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment