Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Al Pacino

Today is Al Pacino's birthday.   I can't say I am a huge fan of his work.  I have enjoyed some of his movies, but I don't have to see a movie because he is in it. But that being said, he has had a significant impact on my life.

In 2002 I went to see the movie "Insomnia".  It wasn't an outstanding film.  It was during a period where I was going to a movie almost every week and this one was playing.  I have since matured and no longer do anything so reckless. 

I was there alone in the dark watching this dark drama play out.  It was set in Alaska, where I have vacationed.  Then a very tired looking Al Pacino came on screen.

There was soon an extreme close up, only Al's face spread across the big screen.   Now granted, Mr. Pacino was suffering from a lack of sleep, hence the title of the film.  But all I could see was his forehead.

Yes.  His forehead. 







To put this in perspective you must realize the average movie theater screen is 30 feet high by 70 feet long or 2100 square feet.  This resulted in about a thousand square feet of forehead and it was not pretty.  It was like an accordion.  It looked like a stack of skin pancakes.

It was terrifying.

I spent most of the movie stroking my still smooth forehead.  I couldn't focus on anything else.  I was so afraid that it was too late for me.  Was the damage done?  Was that forehead possible in my future? 

As soon as the movie was over I went directly to Target and I bought my first bottle of Oil of Olay daily moisturizer. 







Now, nearly ten years later I'm still using it daily.




Still silky smooth.  Thank you Al Pacino!

No comments:

Post a Comment