Saturday, March 17, 2012

21 Jump Street - 2012




I went to the movies today with my son.  I have seen some ads for this and thought it looked OK.  I was a fan of the series.






The Johnny Depp years.  I stopped watching after he left.

The movie is great.  It acknowledges the history.  The backstory is that they are bringing the program back. 


Jonah Hill is Schmidt.  He had a bad high school experience.   Channing Tatum is Jenko.  He had more fun.

They weren't friendly.








They meet again in police academy and end up friends and then partners.








After a failed bust, they are transferred to Jump Street.   They are assigned to a high school that is seeing a new drug.  They have to infiltrate the dealers and find the supplier.  That is all I'm saying about that!

The movie is hilarious.  My son had zero knowledge of the series.  He enjoyed it as much as I did. 

There are some great cameos from the original Jump Street crew.  I can't tell you about Johnny Depp's, cause there is a major plot point involved.  But it is great.

There is a lot of action and some really funny stuff.   Definitely worth getting out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment