Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hey, I Like That Actor! Tom Hanks. (Part 3)

Now the third and final part.


"Ladykillers"



Well written and acted.  Often quoted.

Waffle Hut Waitress: Have you all decided?
Professor G.H. Dorr: Madam, we must have waffles! We must all have waffles forthwith! We must all think, and we must all have waffles, and think each and every one of us to the very best of his ability...


"The Terminal"





Tom does a good job as a man who lands in New York only to see his country disappear trapping him in an airport terminal. 


"Elvis Has Left The Building"



I have never seen this one, so I don't know why Tom Hanks' head is in a mailbox although his character's name is Mailbox Elvis.


"Polar Express"




I haven't watched this movie.  Quite frankly, CGI Tom Hanks is a little creepy.


"The Da Vinci Code"




What happened with the hair here?  It just isn't right.  But a pretty good movie.


"Charlie Wilson's War"




So it was a little weird buying Tom as a good time playboy.  But as a world changing politician I could.


"The Great Buck Howard"





I saw a little bit of this movie one weekend.  It is really disconcerting how much Colin Hanks looks like his dad.  Did you see him on "Dexter"? 


"Angels and Demons"



Read the book, didn't see the movie.  Glad they fixed the hair.  Maybe I'll give it a shot.


"Toy Story 3"




The ending had me in a puddle.  I was all alone in a theater crying about toys.  That isn't weird.  Is it?  It is the last Tom Hanks movie I've seen, although there have been a couple more out since.


"Larry Crowne"





I will catch it on DVD or cable sometime.  Looks cute.


"Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close"





I want to see this.  It looks good.  But I don't like to see Tom Hanks dying in a movie.  The trailer makes me a little emotional.  Plus Sandra Bullock annoys me sometimes.  There I said it.  I hate America's Sweetheart.


Going through all these movies, I think what I like best about Tom Hanks is that he is so real.  He is goofy and emotional without losing his masculinity.  He seems like a guy that you could sit around and have a beer with.  The kind of guy that would pick you up at the airport if you needed a ride.  Just a really nice guy. 

I try not to let their public image seep into their character, but it is OK with Tom.  Also, I hear he keeps his Oscars in the bathroom.  He knows it is cool to practice your Oscar speech in private.



No comments:

Post a Comment