Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"Twilight" 2008



"Twilight"

Yes, "Twilight" week begins.  I am not going to the midnight show, but since I work the weekend, I happen to have Friday off.  So I will hit the early matinee.  My hope is that all the teenyboppers will still be at school. 

I had heard about this book when the movie was announced.   The fourth book was about to come out.  The wife of a co-worker and I had traded books in the past and she had read the first three.  He brought them in and I read them within a week.   They weren't high literature but the story was pretty good.  It was an interesting take on the vampire genre. 



I was so anxious to read the last book, I bought it before she could finish it to loan me. 

Now, I read these at home.  This was before my e-reader.  With my e-reader I can read whatever I want and no one knows.  I like to read some fluff!  I love a good book, like ones that make me think and will read about any genre, just like movies.  But sometimes I want a book I don't have to think about.

I like the Stephanie Plum and Sookie Stackhouse books.  It is great to read a story in a day and move on.   This is where the "Twilight" books fall for me.

So, I went with the friend that recommended these books. 

The first movie is very gray.  The whole mood is very overcast with almost a blue tinge to every frame except those in the direct sun. 



Other than the blood thing and not being able to read her mind, I don't get the attraction of Bella.  She comes to Forks and is instantly irresistible to all the men in town including a vampire.



She's cute, has a decent sense of humor, but other than that, she is kind of bland.  They play her as being smart, but she doesn't seem to have any goals. 

I guess that is why she is ready to give it all up for a boy.

Edward is the ultimate bad boy.  He is cute, misunderstood.  He is protective but also the ultimate threat.  He could easily kill Bella anytime but doesn't.  He is also tortured by who he is.



Robert Pattinson is good because he looks old enough that I don't feel like a pedophile watching the movie.

The rest of the cast tends to be a little one dimensional, but you aren't really there for the rest of them anyway.  It is about Bella and Edward. 

Don't judge me!

No comments:

Post a Comment