Saturday, November 12, 2011

Time Travel



I just finished my book.  It was excellent.  Great moments of suspense.  One of the best I have read in a long time.  I had no choice but to read it until I knew for sure what happened.  I will be waiting for the audio book and listening to it.  As with any really good book, I tend to gulp it down and then go back to enjoy the nuance.   An audio book is a great way for me to re-read a book.  It forces me to slow down and really enjoy it. 

This book is already sold for the movies.  I will wait to start casting it until I re-read it.  We'll see.  Plus I don't want to spoil it for anyone!

It does make me think of time travel in movies. 

The best of the time travel movies for me, a child of the eighties, has to be "Back To The Future".  I will write about it indepth at some point, but it is excellent. 



The whole trilogy is really good. 

"The Time Traveler's Wife" is good, the book is about a thousand times better in my opinion.  The Henry of the movie just wasn't what I'd imagined.  Rachel McAdams does a good job.



"Hot Tub Time Machine" makes the list because of my love for John Cusack and the great eighties references and it gave the dad from "Back To The Future" a job.  Pluse it is pretty freakin' funny.



"Time After Time" is one I remember from years ago.  It was a story of Jack the Ripper coming to modern day San Francisco and was soon followed by H.G. Wells.  It has a very young Mary Steenburgen.  Great suspense.  And parts scared the crap out of me!

\

"Final Countdown" was a movie I can remember watching with my dad.  He was a history buff and loved this movie.  It is about an aircraft carrier that goes back in time to Pearl Harbor and the crew has to decide if they are going to stop it or not. 



"Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" is my sister-in-law's favorite movie.  It is a lot of fun and has George Carlin and Keanu Reeves before he got serious.



"Terminator" is a great time travel movie with those paradoxes that have to be accepted.



"Peggy Sue Got Married" does that trick where you aren't supposed to know if it was really time travel or just a coma dream.  But it is still really good.




And finally, one of my favorites of all time.  It is hokey and silly and melodramtic, but I love "Somewhere In Time".  Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour.  So romantic. 



I don't think I'd want to time travel and reading what happens to Stephen King's hero I think it could have unforseen consequences.  But I don't want to give anything away.  Read the book or watch a good time travel movie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment