Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fall Movies I Can Wait To See (Or don't need to see at all)

After looking through the movies coming out this fall, I found some I really need to see in the theater.  Others I am not so compelled to rush out and watch.  Some I will watch on cable.  Some I won't watch at all.


"Jack and Jill"

First of all, I am not an Adam Sandler fan.  My husband likes him but I am pretty sure we will skip this one.  I don't think I can handle 90 minutes of Adam Sandler and his co-star, Adam Sandler.  Plus Katie Holmes grates on my nerves.  I am sure it will turn up on cable, but at least then I can get on the computer while my husband watches it.


"Mission:Impossible Ghost Protocol"

I did see the first couple of these movies in the theater.  They are just so absurd.   I watched the last one because Phillip Seymour Hoffman was in it.  Then we have Phil pretending to be Tom due to some science magic.  Plus the poster makes reminds me of the Unibomber.


"Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close"

This movie has Tom Hanks who I really love.  It also has Sandra Bullock who I like sometimes.  But nothing about the trailer makes me want to see it.  There is the precocious kid, weepy mom, and hero day.  The trailer has inspirational voiceover.  It feels a little contrived. 


"We Bought A Zoo"

I like Matt Damon.  He is usually one that I will go see in the theater.   Scarlett Johansson bugs the crap out of me.  I don't know why, but it looks like she is a composite of other people.  None of her features quite fit together for me.  Also Cameron Crowe burned me withe "Elizabethtown" so I don't trust him. 


"Wat Horse"

Not a fan of movies about horses.  I just don't see them in an emotional way.  Even with Spielberg at the helm, I don't know if I'll see it unless it is nominated for Best Picture.


"The Muppets"

Three words.  Weird Sounding Muppets. Just not the same since Jim Henson died.  Sorry Miss Piggy/

I will have plenty to watch without seeing any of these in the theater.  There are some that are middle of the road movies that if the opportunities arises I may go see.   But I do have some stuff recorded on my DVR that I can watch instead.




No comments:

Post a Comment