Friday, November 18, 2011

"Breaking Dawn-Part 1" 2011



"Breaking Dawn-Part 1"

I let my geek flag fly today.  But the theater was pretty full of a lot of women around my age, so I'm not alone.  There were more than a few taking pictures around the life size posters.  I didn't do that!

It starts with a scene from the first trailer.  Jacob in the rain, getting invited to the wedding.



He must have looked at the gift registry.  What do you get super rich vampires?  He already gave Bella a dream catcher.  Jacob doesn't appear to have any money or a job?  How does he support himself? 

They did a good job capturing a lot of the key moments from the book.  I did miss the scene where they tell Charlie about the engagement.  I think that would have been really hilarious. 



They skipped over a lot of the pre-wedding stuff and got right to the wedding.  Which is fine.  There wasn't a whole lot else I missed in the beginning.



We get the wedding, which was nice,



We get the wedding night. 



The morning after fight.



And the result of the wedding night.  Who knew vampires could make babies?



Jake checking on Bella and confronting her protector, Rosalie. 



Bonding over the baby monster to be.

There is vampire drama, werewolf drama and a whole lot of stuff happening in two short hours.  It ended where I thought it would and now I have to wait a year to see the ending. 

It was pretty good.  Oh, and don't text during the movie!  I see your bright little screen and it IS distracting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment