Wednesday, November 23, 2011

50 Things and Movies That I Love About My Husband in honor of his 50th birthday.

When my husband turned 30, I threw him a surprise party. He has never gotten over the fact that I pulled it off without him finding out about it. So I knew I couldn’t do that for his 50th. So, instead, I will list 50 movies (and other things) that remind me of him. Since this is a movie blog.

I will start with the movies, since that is the point of my blog.
Movies: 
  1. Punchline. The first movie we saw as a couple.
  2. The Buddy Holly Story. The first time he cooked for me.
  3. Fried Green Tomatoes. He surprised me with this movie. He knew I wanted to see it and took me out for Mexican food and then to the movie.
  4. Happy Gilmore. He loves this movie.
  5. There Something About Mary. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him laugh so hard in a movie theater in my life.
  6. Ghostbusters 2. We were supposed to go see this after my obstetrician appointment. I was in labor so we couldn’t go to the movies. In retrospect, I didn’t miss a lot.
  7. Vacation. We quote this movie a lot. I think we use the phrase, “You must have manure for your brains” at least every week, sometimes more.
  8. European Vacation. The worst of the Vacation movies. But for some unknown reason he likes it.
  9. Airplane. The first time I realized he has “boobie amnesia”.
  10. Top Gun. Surprised me that he had never seen this movie. Not easy after 23 years together.
Family:

  1. My son.  He is a good mix of the two of us. 
  2. His mother. I had the most incredible mother in law. She loved and accepted me unconditionally.
  3. His father.  A fantastic father in law.  He and my mother in law taught me a lot about being married, just by watching them.
  4. His sisters.  Both incredible women. 
  5. My brothers-in-law, who would agree about our wonderful in-laws, and are also great husbands and fathers. 
  6. All my nephews.  On my husband's side, all I have are nephews and they are all great.
  7. His grandparents.  We have lost them all now, but never having known my own grandparents, it was a gift to have them in my life while they were here.  And I was thrilled that my son knew not only his grandparents but his great grandparents as well.
  8. All his other relatives.  He has a host of wonderful aunts, uncles and cousins that are fantastic.
  9. My family.  He is sweet to them because they are mine.  
  10. Stevie, our dog.  He is family too.  He let me go pick him out and tells me I picked a good one.
 Us.

  1. He listens to any harebrained scheme I come up with.  Like a blog about movies.
  2. He not only listens, he comes up with a plan on how to pull it off.
  3. He makes sure I stick to it when it would be easier to give up.
  4. He listens to music like no one else I know.
  5. He just turns up the radio when my tone deaf voice can't help but sing along.  Even though it must kill him to listen.
  6. He taps along to songs.
  7. He loves all kind of music.
  8. He loves grocery stores.  This is great because I hate them.
  9. He loves to cook.
  10. He can cook anything. 
  11. He cooks really well. 
  12. He also cleans up.  One time I came to talk to him in the kitchen and asked what that weird noise was.  He rolled his eyes and said "The dishwasher."
  13. He loves going to the movies, as long as they are movies he likes.
  14. He will go to movies I like too. (But I don't make him go to chick flicks or dramas.)
  15. He loves taking our son to funny movies just so he can hear him laugh.
  16. He only teases me a little for watching reality shows like "19 Kids and Counting."
  17. He makes awesome homemade macaroni and cheese for my birthday.  I probably should have included that in the cooking section.  But it is my favorite meal.
  18. He makes me laugh. 
  19. He has a great laugh.
  20. He is cute. 
  21. He is a creature of habit. 
  22. He loves to be home.
  23. He loves to go on vacation.
  24. He forces me to slow down on vacation instead of rushing around.
  25. He loves to plan vacations and finds things I wouldn't, like Big Elvis.
  26. He puts up with my crap. 
  27. He tells me not to get him anything for Christmas, but loves almost everything I get him.
  28. Sometimes not right away, but will admit that he likes them later.
  29. I love him.
  30. He loves me.



 I have been lucky enough to be with him for the last 23 birthdays.  I can honestly say being anywhere with him is better than being anywhere without him.  Love you baby!  Happy birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Love you, too. Now, can you make me some dinner??? :)

    ReplyDelete